PPK is seeking a Senior Media Buyer to join our growing team remotely! We are looking for a veteran at negotiating with advertising sales agents to acquire cost-efficient and budget-conscious advertising space, sponsorships, or product placements. They understand his or her clients' needs and wants and research what media is available in the markets afforded by a client's budget. Strong relationship building with multiple vendors will be key to a successful partnership for which this position acts as the liaison. Analytical thinking, communication, persuasion, and research abilities are instrumental to this role.
Work with us
Senior Media Buyer
Unite & Take Over
- The Senior Media Buyer manages the implementation, monitoring and stewardship of their approved buys for all broadcast schedules.
- Deliver the most efficient costs while estimating the anticipated target audience delivery accurately.
- Negotiate, adjust and monitor schedules to ensure delivery to client goals.
- Analyze and negotiate large media sponsorships and event proposals.
- Participate in annual or major media negotiations.
- Supervise and train other team members in media buying processes.
- Provide guidance and support for assistant buyers and media buyers.
- Review the assistant buyers’ efforts to efficiently receive avail requests, check
contracts, accept appropriate makegoods and handle any special information requests.
- Possess advanced knowledge of Nielsen, SQAD, Strata View and SBMS.
- Provide tracking reports and post-buy delivery analyses on quarterly and annual basis.
- Execute all buys within client media specifications by the assigned deadlines to ensure client air dates are met.
- Update all current, on-air schedules to ensure station delivery within negotiated agreement and/or to respond to any new problems or opportunities that may develop.
- Actively seeks added value for all broadcast purchases beyond traditional billboards and bonus spots.
- Maintain accurate records of buys, revisions, credits, etc.
- Attend company training sessions.
- Keep informed of relevant issues affecting the advertising industry.
- Establish and maintain strong agency relationships working with TV and radio vendors.
- Put buy recaps together in presentation format and present to clients as necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned as is deemed necessary to meet company needs.
- Reports directly to their Media Supervisor.
- Buying television and radio for medium-to-large sized markets.
- Advance negotiation and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Capable of taking a project on from initial conception through completion.
- Good mathematical aptitude and attention to details.
- Solid research and analytical skills.
- Analyze and negotiate media sponsorships and event proposals.
- Ability to be organized, prioritize, work well under pressure with multiple assignments; meet tight deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently but also be a team player.
- Present themselves as an advocate for the agency and a mentor to the junior buyers.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, PPT).
- Ability to pass a drug screening required.